Tracking the vehicle is the primary task of a GPS tracker, but this is not the only job it plays. It performs different other functions too to improve the overall efficiency and productivity of your fleet business. You can have a better and well-developed fleet management system with the help of this software. If they software just helps you in tracking the position of the car, then you might miss some amazing benefits. This is the reason the developers of this include some other interesting features to the same to make it more compatible and useful for your business.
Geofence is one such great feature that can allow the fleet managers to track and manage the cars as per the need of the business. The term Geofence refers to a feature with which you can put a virtual fence for the territory of your cars. Your cars can roam under that particular area, and you will be informed whenever the car is taken out of that area. That means this is one of those amazing features of GPS Tracking Software that makes it simpler for you to maintain the efficiency of your cars and the drivers.
How Can Geofencing Technology Help
- When you set a certain peripheral for your cars, then you must ensure that they will have their journeys within that location and never go out of the same. But you cannot track that until you use the Geofence technology in your GPS tracker.
- Geofence alert can let you know whenever your car is taking out of that fixed location during the journey.
- You have set a certain route for your driver to reach a particular spot. Now, if your driver wishes to take a longer or riskier route, then it may cause harm to your car and enhance your maintenance cost. With the Geofence service, you can monitor if the car is driven on the proper route or not.
- When you are informed that the car is not in use, but somebody (may be the driver) is using it for some personal reason, then the alert will let you know about that unauthorised use, and you can stop the same immediately.
- If you are askedto give some proofs that your vehicle has not crossed a certain area at a particular time, then nothing works better than the Geofence system. You can show and give the proof that your vehicle was roaming within that area on that very day.
- You can be assured about the on time delivery of goods when you know that your vehicles are running on the shortest and safest routes and that can increase the customer satisfaction which is highly crucial to achieving growth in business.
The use of Geofencing is also good to track the vehicle in case of stolen recovery. The police can track the car easily with the help of the records and notification given by that feature in your Vehicle Tracking system. Therefore, GPS is not only to track the wheels but to help you in overall business development too.